Quality, Environment, Health & Safety Policy
Diesel Locomotive Works is a Production Unit of Indian Railways, manufacturing Diesel-electric Locomotives, Diesel Generating sets and their spares for Indian Railways, Non-Railway Customers and exports.
We are committed to achieve excellence by:
- Continual improvement of the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety - at- work - place performance.
- Preventing pollution by all means including minimizing resource consumption and waste generation using cleaner technologies, material substitution and process changes.
- Preventing all injuries and loss of property including environmental performance through continuous safety inspections.
- Striving for compliance with all applicable Environmental and Health & Safety legislations.
- Striving for "Right first time" and safe working practice through system improvement and training.
- Enhancing Customer Satisfaction through improvement in reliability and performance of products.
- Preventing all employees from occupational diseases and health hazards.
- Set objectives & targets and periodically monitor their progress through internal audit and management review.
- Communicate Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policy to the employees and to make it available to the public on demand.
- Periodically review our Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policy and management systems for continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.